The Western States Trucking Association established the Scholarship Awards Program in 1991 to assist qualified students in achieving their educational goals. Winning scholars will receive the awarded amount to be deposited in their name at the Financial Aid Office of the Campus they will be attending, for use when purchasing books, supplies and tuition fees.
Scholarship Awards Program Guildelines
Eligible Students: (Two types of eligibility)
Type 1: Member Eligibility
- Must be the son, daughter, or grandchild of a WSTA member or affiliate
Type 2: Employee Eligibility
- Must be an employee or employee’s son or daughter of a WSTA member or affiliate
Type 1 and 2 Eligible Students must be:
- Enrolled in a junior college or university. High School Seniors and Continuing Students must intend to enroll for the full semester of this application submission year.
- Must carry at least 12 units*
(*due to COVID-19 we are temporarily accepting 8 units or more)
- Minimum GPA:
- High School Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- Continuing College Students must maintain a current year of 3.0 GPA.
Application Submission Requirements
- Application form is located at westrk.org/scholarship. The form must be typed or electronically processed. No handwritten applications will be accepted.
- Essay 200 words or less by applicant about his/her goals. Must state personal qualities that you possess and consider necessary to be successful in your college major.
- Letter of recommendation authored by the sponsoring member or affiliate named on application. Intent of the letter is for sponsoring member or affiliate to acknowledge the applicant’s relationship. Letter must be signed by member or employee. Letter must be an original each year of submission, no cutting and/or pasting from previous application submissions.
- Character reference prepared by any individual not related to applicant. Letter must be signed by Character reference. Please submit only one Character reference letter. Letter must be an original each year of submission, no cutting and/or pasting from previous application submissions.
- Transcript copy four (4) years for High School Seniors applying. (Official sealed transcripts or electronic copies only)
- College Transcript copy for Continuing College Students. (Official sealed transcripts or electronic copies only)
- Include a recent photo. Your photo will be used for publication purposes in the Western Transportation News magazine only.
- Sign and date application. Applications received without your signature and date will not be considered.
- Applications can be viewed and printed. Please refer to Scholarship Awards Program page at westrk.org/scholarship. All applications are in Acrobat PDF format.
- The above requirements must be included with each Scholarship Application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Application Package must include all required items above and must be postmarked by July 23rd, 2021 and mailed to the address shown below. Exception only: If transcript is being mailed directly from school to WSTA.
Submit Application to:
Western States Trucking Association
334 N. Euclid Avenue
Upland, CA 91786
If you have any questions, please feel free to call WSTA at (909) 982-9898.