- More gig workers see exemption from ‘ABC’ law classifying them as employees (appeared in OC Register, LA Daily News, San Bernardino Sun, Riverside Press Enterprise, San Gabriel Valley Tribune and Redlands Daily Facts)
ORANGE COUNTY PRESS CONFERENCE
This week, Orange County independent contractors and small businesses came together to share their stories with local media. Several speakers at the press conference were interviewed for the above Orange County Register article. Please share the below social media with your organizations.
- Press conference photo: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Mohammad, an Orange County taxi driver, shares his story: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Video Links, Taxi driver Mohammad, Taxi driver Al, and Rideshare driver Ken
MORE SOCIAL MEDIA FROM THIS WEEK
WHAT YOU CAN DO – Send a letter, email your membership, author an oped and more!
Last month, amendments were made to Assembly Bill 5 (Gonzalez) to exempt four industries from Dynamex. This is a step in the right direction, but more must be done in order to protect those who wish to remain independent contractors in other industries. You make a difference!
Please send a letter to legislators to make sure they know how important this issue is – please see attached sample letter. You can also email your legislator directly here.
Attached is a sample newsletter to share this information with your organization. If you are willing to speak with the media or author an oped, please contact us.
SHARE YOUR STORY VIA VIDEO
We are collecting more video testimonials from Independent Contractors and businesses impacted by the Dynamex ruling. Interested? Contact us so we can schedule a time with you to capture your story.
LEGISLATOR-HOSTED COFFEES & TOWNHALLS
Share Your Perspective at Local Events Near You
- Assemblymember Kansen Chu – Fremont Community Office Hours
Monday, April 15th| 6-8pm
Fremont Main Library
2400 Stevenson Blvd. | Fremont | 94538
- Assemblymember Susan Talamantes Eggman – Mobile District Office Hours
Wednesday, April 17th| 10-11:30am
Thornton Community Center
26675 N. Sacramento Blvd. | Thornton | 95686
- Assemblymember James Ramos – Loma Linda Community Conversation
Friday, April 19th| 5:30-7:30pm
Napoli Italian Restaurant
224960 Redlands Blvd. | Loma Linda | 92354
- Assemblymember Christy Smith – Coffee Talks with Christy
Saturday, April 20th| 10-11:30am
19759 Rinaldi Street | Porter Ranch | 91326
DRAFT Coalition Association Action Alert email …
AB 5 Gonzalez Draft Letter 3.29.19.docx